Glidden is home to more than 1,256
people, here's a quick look at our workforce:
- Residents with high school degree:
- Resident with bachelor or graduate's
- Married residents: 52%, never
married: 30%, divorced: 6%
- Residents working in education,
health, social services: 21%
- Residents working in retail: 12.8%
- Residents working in manufacturing:
- Residents working in finance,
insurance, real estate: 10%
- Median household income is $35,333
per year, median family income $48,026
(source: 2000 U.S.
More Workforce Demographics
Glidden's population includes
23.6% under the age of 18, 8.0% from 18 to 24, 27.6% from 25 to
44, 24.5% from 45 to 64, and 16.3% who are 65 years of age or
older. The median age is 40 years.
Des Moines Area
Community College provides businesses, governmental agencies and
non-profit organizations with the training courses and other educational
resources, which are tailored exactly for your business.
These classes can
be set-up just 7 miles away at the DMACC Carroll campus and funding
assistance is available...click here to learn more
Development Group can help your business grow.